There is no such thing as too much lemon in my daughter Maisy’s world. This is the girl who will squeeze a whole lemon on her fish and then look for more.
When she comes in from playing outside and sees this pasta on the stove she is a very happy girl.
This dish is so easy to put together and makes enough for leftovers the next day. It can also be made in pieces ahead of time and put together at dinner time.
What You Need:
– 1 Box Red Lentil Pasta (super kind to my blood sugars)
– 1 Pound Fresh Broccoli
– 1 Pound Chicken Tenderloins or 1 Can Shredded Chicken
– 2 Lemons
– 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
– 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– Shredded Parmesan Cheese for topping
What You Do:
– Place Chicken in a greased glass pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
– Once cooked, chop into bite size pieces.
– Cook pasta according to box instructions. Set aside.
– Steam Broccoli til tender but not mushy. Should still be bright green.
– In a large pan mix pasta, broccoli, and chicken together.
– Drizzle with olive oil and add remaining garlic powder.
– Zest two lemons and add juice of one lemon.
– Add salt and pepper to taste
– Serve and top with Parmesan Cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice.